2016 Contest Divisions
Theme will be the “Castles”!
Adult: ($25.00 fee) Open & Amateur
Youth: ($5.00 fee) 10 and under & 11-17
Rules (applies to ALL divisions):
Any structure - real or imaginary - is eligible for entry (i.e. house, train station, bridge, ship, lighthouse, spaceship).
- Entry must be original - no gingerbread kits allowed.
- Entry must have major components (such as walls and roofs) constructed of gingerbread (no graham crackers, cookies, etc.).
- All components must be edible. For example, foil or plastic wrapped candies must be unwrapped; contestants may not use lollipops with paper or plastic stems etc.
- You may add electric lighting to your entry.
- Entry must have been constructed in 2016.
- Entries will be judged on Originality, Overall Appearance, Choice and Use of Materials and Difficulty of Design.
- The entry must be delivered in completed form attached to a plywood base enabling it to be freestanding. Bases no bigger than 24" L x 18" W. Entries may not be taller than 26" H. Bases must be completely concealed with an edible product (however, the sides of the base do not have to be concealed with an edible product).
Participants must register for the competition by November 30, 2015. Entry forms may be obtained at the Chocolate Duck or can be mailed or e-mailed. To request entry forms and competition rules, contact Christina Bisbee, 516-249-0887 or e-mail: email@example.com. You may also download @ www.chocolateduck.com/gingerbread
- All entries must be delivered to The Chocolate Duck during the hours of 12 noon-4 pm on December 9, 2016. Entries must be picked By December 11, 2016.
2016 Long Island Gingerbread/ Chocolate House Competition
Sponsored by the Village of Farmingdale Downtown Events Committee and the Chocolate Duck